Results and Pupil Premium
Exam results – ensuring our students achieve their full potential.
As an academy, we work hard to ensure that our students achieve grades that reflect their potential. In 2018 our students excelled, achieving outstanding results, despite a challenging and evolving national picture.
- The table below illustrates our Progress 8 scores for 2018 and 2017. Progress 8 measures the performance of our students compared to the national progress of students with the same starting points across 8 subjects, as prescribed by the government. As you can see, in 2018 our students made – on average – three fifths of a grade more progress in each of these 8 subjects than their national counterparts with the same starting point. This has put us well within the top 10% of schools nationally. The 2017 data below is the final official release of data for that cohort. However, please be aware that the above 2018 data for Trinity Academy includes any successful remarks, but is compared to the national unvalidated dataset.
|Progress 8: English||0.33||0.26||-0.04|
|Progress 8: Maths||0.25||0.28||-0.02|
|Progress 8: EBacc||0.12||0.38||-0.03|
|Progress 8: Open||1.51||1.48||-0.04|
Our KS4 results in 2018 are as follows:
- Progress 8 score 0.60 (unvalidated data including remarks).
- Attainment 8 score: 51.4 (national average 46.4).
- Percentage of students with a strong pass (grade 5 or above) in English and Maths: 45% (the national average was 43%).
- Percentage of students with a standard pass (grade 4 or above) in English and Maths: 72% (the national average was 64%).
- English Baccalaureate Average Point Score: 4.12 (national average 4.03). 29% of students were entered for the English Baccalaureate.
- Destinations: Please note that destinations data is published in arrears. The data below relates to students who completed key stage 4 in 2016.
Pupils staying in education or employment for at least two terms after Key Stage 4: 93% (England Average 94%).
Our latest available KS5 results are available to view on the DfE school and college performance tables.
To view the latest available published data (for both key stage 4 and key stage 5) in the DfE school performance tables, click here.
If you would like to download information about our Pupil Premium allocation, and outcomes from this, please click here. This document tells you more about how we have spent our allocation to support outcomes for students.