Results and Pupil Premium
Exam results – ensuring our students achieve their full potential.
As an academy, we work hard to ensure that our students achieve grades that reflect their potential. In 2017 our students excelled, achieving outstanding results, despite a challenging and evolving national picture.
The table below illustrates our Progress 8 scores for 2017 and 2016. Progress 8 measures the performance of our students compared to the national progress of students with the same starting points across 8 subjects, as prescribed by the government. As you can see, in 2017 our students made two thirds of a grade more progress than their national counterparts with the same starting point. This has put us in approximately the top 5% of schools nationally.
|Progress 8: English||0.26||0.25||-0.03|
|Progress 8: Maths||0.28||0.53||-0.02|
|Progress 8: EBacc||0.38||0.33||-0.03|
|Progress 8: Open||1.48||0.17||-0.04|
Our KS4 results in 2017 are as follows:
- Progress 8 score 0.67
- Attainment 8 score: 50.6
- Percentage of students with a strong pass (grade 5 or above) in English and Maths: 47%
- Percentage of students with a standard pass (grade 4 or above) in English and Maths: 67% (the national average was 64%).
- Percentage of students achieving the English Baccalaureate (grade 5 or above for reformed subjects and grade C or above for unreformed subjects): 25% (33% of students entered). National average was 21%.
- Destinations: Please note that destinations data is published in arrears. The data below relates to students who completed Key Stage 4 in 2015.
Pupils staying in education or employment for at least two terms after Key Stage 4: 95% (England Average 94%)
Our KS5 results in 2017 are as follows:
A-level ALPS 3 = Top 25% schools for A-level progress
BTEC ALPS 2 = Top 10% schools for progress in vocational subjects
- A-level Progress Score: +0.07
- Academic Progress Score: +0.06
- Applied General Progress Score: +0.64
- Average grade students achieved:
- A-level: C
- Academic: C
- Applied General: D*
- Retention (the proportion of students who get to the end of the main programme of study that they enrolled on): A-level: 95.3%; Academic: 95.3%; Applied General: 81.3%.
- Students staying in education or employment for at least two terms after KS5: 90% (England average 89%). Please note – as for KS4, this data is published in arrears and refers to those that finished their study in 2015.
- Please note that our Maths and English data is suppressed due to small student numbers.
To view the latest available published data in the DfE school performance tables, click here.
If you would like to download information about our Pupil Premium allocation, and outcomes from this, please click here. This document tells you more about how we have spent our allocation to support outcomes for students.